Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electrical Fault

Brian Clarke

I have a '84 911 Carerra 3.2 which has a strange electrical fault. Car wouldn't start (click from starter) so changed battery and cleaned starter connections. Ran for a while including starting, then the problem started again. I tow started and it ran well but still need push starting. Then after 30 miles (or so) started to slow and had no power in the battery. No ignition light came on to let me know it wasn't charging.

Any thoughts.

Know any auto electricians near SW London, Morlake?

Thanks

Brian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34114

assuming you mean Mortlake have you tried Classic Chrome by the station? If they cant do Im sure they would have a recommended garage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34132

I spoke to them and they use a guy in Fulham. V expensive. Quoted £600 to replace starter motor but I don't think it is the starter as when I cleaned the starter terminals it started straight away. This leads me to suspect bad connections and possibly the voltage regulator but don't know how to test these. Just need an electrical wizard.

Thanks (yes Mortlake)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34137

Brian - give Ray Northway a call (Northway cars) - i'm sure he can help you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34138

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back