Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Wanted

gavin lowe

Hi Guys,

I am after a 911 as a fun second car. If possible I'd like to limit the budget to maximum of £20,000 which pretty much means a 964. However, if a 993 for £25,000 is much, much better I'd go for that.... So do you think (1) that the 993 is worth the extra £7-8000 premium over a good 964? (2) Eporsch is the place to go for a selection? - 964's seen to concentrating with them and Henry's outfit, 911virgin.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33778

Hello there...

Interesting question. If it is a fun second car, even though I have a 993 and love it, I'd say a 964 might fit the bill. The extra £7k buys you an extra gear, a bit more power and of course the 993s highly regarded (but not necessarily by everyone) styling and last but by no means least the revolutionary rear axle which is much more stable in extremis and makes the car much less susceptible to road noise.

As a fun car, wold these things bother you? The extra money could then be put to good use in modifications etc to make your 964 even more fun!

Eporsch are well regarded, 911virgin are also well regarded but have a curious attitude to customer relationships.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33793

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back