Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 - LHD - converting headlamps

Chris Fegan

Good morning all you Porsche nuts!!

I'm a relatively new owner of a gorgeous 964, child hood dream come true. Just put her through the MOT and flew through everything except the lights haven't been converted from LHD to UK roads.

Help here please, do you just need to replaced the glass lense, is there a conversion kit or doyou need to replace the whole unit?? Any help would be appreciated and source of where to get the solution would be good.

Thanks

Figsy - One happy driver!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33675

I had no joy a few years ago and was advised to change the whole units. That was by RUF when they were in weybridge.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33677

Its tricky to find a beam coverter to enable LHD to use UK roads. The kits you can buy in places like Halfords are stickers that blank of the section of the lens that gives the beam it's kick up. On UK cars the kick up is towards the kerb and if used abroad that means into the eyes of cars coming the oppsite way

The reason RHD stickers wont work on LHD headlamps is because the ellipsoid shape stamped into the h/lamp glass is in a different place and of a different shape.

It can be done though. Buy a RHD kit, invert it (sticky side up) and use it as a template to make your own out of something like sticky back vinyl.

The correct and more permant fix is of course new lenses.

PS you only need to eliminate the kick up to pass the MOT. (I'm a tester myself ) So don't let them force you into new headlamps if you don't want/cant afford them.

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33697

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back