Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

psm/abs warning lights....

Mark Finn

I have a 2001 carrera 4

Occasionally my abs and psm off warning lights come on ! However if I turn the ignition off and restart the lights are off!!!

This has happened 4 times in the last 2 months......

Any comments??

Is it something to be concerned about??

Cheers....

Mark......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32835

might possibly be related to the brake light switch - when the lights come on again get someone to check if you have brake lights or not -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35019

worth a trip to the OPC to check the sensors or get a software check.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35052

this is possibly a maf sensor fault , dirt entering the air cleaner can cause these issues , also check tyre sizes , type , and tread depth , these are very important to abs

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40988

The same happened to me today in my 996 Targa. ABS lights and PSM off light came on, however went off when I started up again.

Mark what was the outcome with yours?

PS I used to have a 5 series BMW with I Drive that was forever telling me things like " You have a puncture" " Your nearside front door was fallen off" "A total non smoking ban will be introduced soon" and other such nonsense which I always ignored because it was such a regular thing. However with this car I am not so flippant when it comes to such warnings.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45813

Probably an ABS sensor fault.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45815

I have had an identical problem on my 996 C4 and the bad news is that it gets more frequent until you are switching ignition off to clear the two warning lights every couple of miles. The dealership "expert" told me there are a total of 7 sensors which plug into the PSM system and failure of any will cause the PSM and ABS warning lights to come on. My first experience was occassionally the lights came on and were reset by turning ignition off, then this increased in frequency - problem was "air mass analyser" an electronic sensory which clipped onto engine air inlet -it had become clogged and was malfunctioning(cost of new one £350 and 20 minutes to fit total cost £400). The second time was PSM light on all the time and was found to be a steering sensor (cost £120 for new part, but three hours to fit total £420!).

I am still waiting to experience the other five sensors malfunctioning but I can guess the repair cost for each!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46416

Hi

Sorted the problem in the end with the help of jon mitchell at 9xx.co.uk

Transpired to be a faulty mass air flow sensor , the part was approx £300 my car had only done 24k so it can be a problem at any milage tho 2001 cars seem to suffer

Hope this helps!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46446

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back