Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

motorcyclists...

Idiot on a bike might hit a bus one day - that'll hurt (it took off half my mate's foot 20 years ago) - put it down to experience if you can. Damage not good - try a good (non OPC) body shop (email me if you want examples). Maybe £50 - £100 could sort you out. Just get them to blend the scratch into the bumper. Don't let them try & paint anything else ... mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32818

There are good and bad bikers, just like there are good and bad Porsche drivers (or just car drivers). However, learning how to ride a bike definately makes you a much safer and more aware driver.

In a car if you screw up you might get a bit hurt, but a lot of the time you'll get away with damaged paint/body work. On a bike however, you screw up, you'll be luck to live. You know you're nowhere near as visible as a car even with headlight on and dress like a Power Ranger, guess how I know! :(

If the rider has any brain cells at all, he'll ride with this concept in mind and always ride with 110% concentration to stay alive. If a rider is foolish enough to ride a fast bike without care and concentration, then well, it's natural selection in process! :roll:

Think of it this way Mark, if that biker continue to ride like that, he won't be doing it for much longer. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32832

Does the road where the accident happened have cctv? If it doesn't but there was something striking about the bike/rider (bright red crash helmet, etc) then you might be able to pick him up on a surrounding road that does have cctv. Just call the number that should be on the cctv pole. You might need to report it to the police due to data protection and get them to look at it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32834

Fr - did your one man crusade within the motoring forums go well ? :wink: :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32940

Personally, I think the vast majority of motorcylists are decent chaps who don't want to die young BUT, sadly like some drivers there are some who are willing to risk their lives to get somewhere 10 minutes quicker. In my opinion, if they don't come near me they ought to seriously think about what they are doing - nothing we say or even sometimes what their families and friends say makes a difference!

In Japan there are more motorbikes, bikes, scooters than cars and I am not kidding you just getting to work is a MAJOR headache if I take the regular roads - most bikes are not allowed on the motorways!

I cannot stand them trying to get past me and the curb when there is only a couple of inches of space SO, I sometimes (when I am really sick of them) MAKE the wife open the door and I open my door so NOBODY gets past me : )

BUT, in Japan taxi drivers are the WORST. They have this thing about stopping in the middle of the road! I honk the horn until they move!

Whenever I go past a Ferrari I always wash my windows vigorously allowing water to go the 'pristine' weekend car besides me leaving nice marks allover the place! : ) Only kidding FR :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32959

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 27 August 2005
Personally, I think the vast majority of motorcylists are decent chaps who don't want to die young BUT, sadly like some drivers there are some who are willing to risk their lives to get somewhere 10 minutes quicker. In my opinion, if they don't come near me they ought to seriously think about what they are doing - nothing we say or even sometimes what their families and friends say makes a difference!
In Japan there are more motorbikes, bikes, scooters than cars and I am not kidding you just getting to work is a MAJOR headache if I take the regular roads - most bikes are not allowed on the motorways!
I cannot stand them trying to get past me and the curb when there is only a couple of inches of space SO, I sometimes (when I am really sick of them) MAKE the wife open the door and I open my door so NOBODY gets past me : )
BUT, in Japan taxi drivers are the WORST. They have this thing about stopping in the middle of the road! I honk the horn until they move!
Whenever I go past a Ferrari I always wash my windows vigorously allowing water to go the 'pristine' weekend car besides me leaving nice marks allover the place! : ) Only kidding FR :wink:
i agree taxi drivers are a pain always in a rush on the road if you are stuck in traffic i always leave room for bikes as there is no need for them to be stuck
AS for the wetting of ferrari's you do right there is to many garage queens pampered cars
I read on another forum that some bloke cleans dead flys of his car with BABY WIPES i am a user not a cleaner just did 2000 miles all the way round scotland with 7 other ferraris in six days the car is still covered in dead scottish flys muck and crap but who cares it will wash off one day

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32960

Thats what there cars were designed for, Driving!

hope you enjoyed the tour of scotland and had some good weather to see the fantastic scenery (although can be just as fantastic in the rain!)

as for the bike v porsche thing we also have taxi drivers (as already mentioned)White van man, hgv drivers and god know how many others we could mention, at the end of the day its all down to the driver/rider of the vechicle, some are just plain bad and others are half decent. the minuite that we concider ourselves a good driver is the minuite that we start to get careless and start making mistakes. being a biker, a porsche driver and also having drove my wife and first born home from hospital i would still say that the biggest eye opener and the biggest learning experience is a bike, but thats just my opinion amongst many millions of them out there!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34771

Can I add to this list of loathing a certain BMW M3 driver I saw on the M40 last night.

He came up close behind cars in the outside lane with his lights flashing on full beam until they either pulled in or he overtook them on the inside, weaving in and out of the busy rush hour traffic.

Who the @ does he think he is???

It was the sort of driving that you wish could be witnessed by the boys in blue as I really resent sharing roadspace with inconsiderate halfwits like that.

Robert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34775

Bikes’ going to fast for the traffic is a classic mistake. I used to work in Vauxhall and the traffic too and from work used move at 0-5mph. But bikes would be doing 35 or 40 which when your moving at 5mph you just don’t see them.

However I have had more near misses with cabbies than anyone else. After they drop off a fare they tend to forget to check their mirrors, pull a U-turn right in front of you. Private mini-cabs OMG where does one start I just pull over and let them pass

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34800

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back