Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel Alignment

Mark911

Nurburgring
I have recently had a full geometry check and adjustment at an OPC and I have noticed that my steering wheel is now just a little to the right when driving straight ahead. As the dealer is quite a way off I was wondering if I could alter this myself by equal turns on each of the trackrods, or will I risk upsetting the tracking?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32357

This is due to the lack of care by the OPC. When I had my alignment done at a kent OPC, the wheel was about 45 degrees round! Use Parr for that sort of thing now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32362

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Mark Greenwood on 13 August 2005

I have recently had a full geometry check and adjustment at an OPC and I have noticed that my steering wheel is now just a little to the right when driving straight ahead. As the dealer is quite a way off I was wondering if I could alter this myself by equal turns on each of the trackrods, or will I risk upsetting the tracking?
I would take it back, as 911's are tricky to set up (but not THAT difficult!)

and setting the steering straight is the easiest think... although if the actual alignment is fine, then if you know how you could do it yourself (?) as it is only the steering wheels that is off centre

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32420

It's an elementary mistake. I would arrange to drive over and have them rectify it while you wait. Be sure to eat as many biscuits as you can while waiting!

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32456

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back