Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 locking without setting alarm?

Fuchs

This might be of interest for those of you who are having battery drain problems or for those of you who dont drive your cars very often.

To lock the car without setting the alarm - ensure drivers door closed - then from the passenger door, press the central locking button on the centre panel just ahead of the gear stick and then close the passenger door. result ? both doors locked and alarm not set.

Thats going to be sooooooo useful for me this winter - :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32262

P.S. Do not leave your keys inside the car. :wink:

(Nice one, Warren!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32263

yes - dont leave your keys inside - i take no responsibility for random acts of stupidity as a result of this post - apart from my own of course - :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32264

I can't experiment with this as I am currently away without the car :(
but I am sure that I can lock the doors with the key without setting the alarm. If that is the case, why lock it from the inside first, unless of course you are taking part in the "keys locked in the car championships 2005"?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32293

Richard - if you can tell me how to lock the car with the key without setting the alarm, i will be your best mate !

The locking from inside saga only came about because i couldnt get the key to lock the car without setting the alarm.

:?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32294

Ok, will give it a go when I am back next week, and then if it works, in true best mate style will come round your place and drink all your beer :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32298

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back