Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken Axle

Cyrus Korat

Am new to this site and am looking for some advice please !!

I have an '02 Carrera 4S which I've been very happy with up until the rear differential broke a week and a half ago, while I was driving it. It caused the car to spin off the road, but luckily I was only doing 35mph and nothing was coming the other way.

I have to believe it was complete mechanical failure as the car was hardly travelling very fast and it was a straight road.

Has anyone else ever heard of this happening? The car is currently being inspected by the Insurance co. but so far Porsche UK have not been willing to send anyone along to inspect the car.

Any thoughts on this much appreciated!

Cyrus

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32244

Document everything, photograph everything, record everything if you say or send to ANY car maker. I usually tape telephone conversations - I always tell them I am recording them and that is usually very effective for people not wasting my time.

Also, I ALWAYS start of a conversation with - 'Please make a note of what I am saying to you because I will not repeat it to the person you put me through to'.

Saves hours of repeating yourself to 19 year olds who couldn't care less about you or your car or what you paid for it!

Just for your info, I am not bitter and twisted - just cautious and value my time : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32245

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back