Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side and brake lights

Richard Eff

Imola
Following a 993 into London tonight along the M4/A4, it was noticeable how poor in terms of brightness the side and brake lights were in comparison to more modern cars around it. As I assume mine must be the same, the seeds of an upgrade begin to stir.

Has anyone done anything to upgrade these lights? If so, what spec of bulbs, source of supply etc?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31574

RF

you can't really do very much as you are limited by watts... modern cars benefit from clever reflectors.. which 993's don't have.... so maybe you could squeeze some extra watts out or you could try the Philips 4000k white light side lights.. I have them fitted = an improvement !

the only option on brake lights IIRC is to fit LED bulbs= brighter & quicker....... esp if you don't already have the 3rd rear led brake light !

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31575

LED bulbs? Is that a simple bulb swap? And are they available at my local Halfraud's? Tell me more!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31576

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 21 July 2005

LED bulbs? Is that a simple bulb swap? And are they available at my local Halfraud's? Tell me more!
where is "ACEparts" and his LED's when you need him ??????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31845

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back