Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Customer Service

SSD

Carnewal - I'm NOT impressed with this outfit. I won't be using them in future.

I ordered some polished 993 exhaust tips off their website priced at �99.The following day I got a call from Gert or Bert telling me that the price had now gone up to �138.He wanted to know what I wanted to do???? WHAT A CHEEK!!!

I told them I wanted the parts at the price they were advertised and ordered - but he refused to agree to this.

I hate to think what they would be like if later there was something wrong with the parts and I wanted to return them.

Can anyone recommend somewhere with good Customer Service.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31401

That's unacceptable. They should honour the price you were quoted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31403

I would have thought they have to honour their price legally, as it could be deemed misleading under consumer protection law? I don't know if the legislation translates readily into internet sales. However, I'm no lawyer, so I can't be 100% sure about this.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31404

Not really, it is the retailers choice whether they sell to someone or not at whatever price. Their T&Cs probably state this.

It's madness really, this kind of treatment can really drag the reputation of a company down quickly (especially with all the forums around), and I'd say that's especially true in a niche market.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31406

I agree - treatment like that does not lead to customer loyalty and so it is not surprising that you are taking your custon elsewhere.

BUT under contract law the seller does not have to sell at the advertised price. Interestingly, a contract is struck when a buyer offers to buy from a seller and the seller agrees to sell to the buyer. The law says that advertised prices are merely an "invitation to treat" ie a mechanism to elicit an offer from a buyer. Having seen the advertised price, the buyer then offers to buy at that price but the seller can always reject the buyers offer to buy.

Strange but true (i think).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31423

I had some early problems with them when I was trying to get hold of a silver faced speedo. I won't go into the detail, but it was crap service.

I've bought from Design 911, and his service is fantastic! Why do people set up businesses and then offend and alienate their customers? It just doesn't make sense.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31586

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back