Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch dragging on 993 Turbo

Colin Tinto

Hi All,

Searched all the clutch postings but not seen this one.

Tried to move my 993 Turbo yesterday, after it sat in the garage for 3-4 weeks, in gear. The clutch pedal feels normal, but even when fully depressed, it will not go into gear. If you push hard against the synchros, the car actually starts to move very slightly. Stopping the engine, it goes into gear fine, and starting again with clutch right down seems fine, and it seems to bite OK, perhaps a bit lower than normal.

The car has done 30,000 miles, with a new clutch fitted about 6000 miles ago. Was working fine when I put it away last time.

Any ideas?

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31186

Once you've started it, can you drive it ok?

If so, I'd suggest taking it out for a good run and see if that improves things.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31189

Try pulling away in second - warm her up and try again in first

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31194

It's when the engine is running that I can't engage any gears. I don't really want to try going anywhere in case I get stuck.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31197

This is exactly what was happening to mine and I have only just had the clutch changed. I would then just start it in gear and that seemed to do the trick and it would run fine from there. But hence my last posting, my clutch has now totally failed and my poor car is bleeding miles away from me. Im no expert as to whether these are both related but I am not a happy bunny and would suggest taking the car to whoever fitted the clutch and find out what may be causing this.....dont end up like me...sad and lonely with an empty garage.

On this note does anyone have experience in law as I would like to take the place that fitted my clutch to the cleaners over this????

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31202

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back