Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche parts

Hello everyone,

after scouring the net looking for 911 parts I seam to have come to the conclusion that either somebody has very big barn with lots of bits secreted in that they guard with a shotgun with a passion so nobody else has any parts... or, there is woefully few second-hand parts around!

Well that’s not quite true there are some parts around but the sellers seam to have the idea that if I want to buy a gearbox I need to pay for the WHOLE car!!

Now yer, I know your all doing it. She is a woman and wont understand, its a guys thing.. blah blah blah but I might add im not some blonde bimbo (ok I am but..) with 15 years experience in motorsport, working in World Rally, Touring car and some Le Mans I know how to wield a spanner better than most guys!..

an example to justify my point:

Porsche transaxle: 901(904 or 911 derive) 4speed.. best quote...£1000 needs rebuild

vw 002 transaxle: 002 (5 rib strong box) 4speed (lsd).. £20, YES £20

so my question: is this ridiculous price difference due to the Porsche label, the number of units or am I missing some thing?

Jenna Leigh-Thompson

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31156

Jenna,

Also try Simon at Porsche-Apart

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31176

If you want to see real comedy parts pricing, try owning a Ferrari (e.g. £900 for a plastic rear screen for a spider, or £300 for a dash toggle switch)

I suspect the paucity of s/h parts is due to the durability of the cars and rarity of the older models making break-up of cars relatively uneconomic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31191

blimey do people really pay though sort of money for a bit of bent metal or injection moulded plastic!...

working in motorsport im used to every part havein 100% mark up slapped on it( eg piston liner, WRC spec £280, road spec £60.. the coating costs £108!) but thats crazy, manbe im in the wrong job.

jenna

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31195

Look in the "all forums", you will find many websites including one post outlining many used parts places.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31198

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back