Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What value is my 911 Convertible

Helen Gardiner

I have owned my Porsche 911 Covertible since 1994 and now need to find out its current value for resale. It was first registered in 1981 as a Targa SC 3 litre. It has been reboddied with a convertible wide body. It has also had an engine change at some time as the engine numbers do not match up with the registration Document. I have no service history although all MOT certificates since I have owned it and a few from before. The body is in good condition, no rust, the hood is a bit tatty and the interior has been stripped. I have all brand new seating, carpets etc to renew the entire interior, some of which has already been done.Is anyone brave enough to put a current value on this car for me?? Would be much appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30907

Hi Helen,

I would hazard a guess at between £8,000 - £12,000

Major setbacks are: No Service History, Who did the conversion and how was it done?...targa to full blown cabriolet??...doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm just thinking how a buyer would and please don't take any offence!

What do others think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30908

Sorry to say that
'engine numbers do not match up with the registration Document'

is also going to put a lot of potential buyers off.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30909

That's a tough one to call. I think it will be difficult to find a precedent for this.

For reference (kind of), I recently sold my pristine for age 83 SC Cab for just over 10k (would have fetched a bit more if I hadn't needed a quick sale). Very original car with FSH.

I'm by no means an expert, but in your case I would have to guess at a top figure of 8k, maybe less. I agree with the other guys when they say that many people are going to be seriously put off by the conversion, lack of service history and engine mismatch.

Of course if you price it right there are always going to be people keen to own an affordable 911.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30923

I think this is going to have to be a private sale and i would think no more than £8k.

have you considered a px this may be a better option for you ?

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31663

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back