Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2 or C2S

Andy Carr

Okay, a popular question I'm sure, but is the 997 C2S worth the extra £6k over the standard Carrera? I've driven both and the 'S' does have more noticeable power and you do get bi-xenon lights, 19" wheels, quad tail-pipes, PASM and a 3.8 ltr engine giving an extra 30 bhp. Just interested in what others thought?

At the end of the day it's largely down to personal choice I guess (and being able to stretch to the extra £6k) - plus 90% of 997 sales have been the 'S' so all those people can't be wrong I suppose.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30708

yes !!!

just look at the poor old plain Carrera... too plain...... !

reason why the C4S was also the most popular of the 996 models in its final years !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30712

Go for the C2S - In Japan there was NO CARS available so I just got a 997 C2 and 6K is not a lot of cash really - here in Japan the S is GBP 11,025 MORE!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30717

On the other hand, I've read that the cooking C2 does not have noticeably less performance in everyday use and has a better ride (not least owing to its 18 inchers).

And Chris Harris famously said that instead of the S he wishes he'd bought the plain C2 - but with PCCB (which are lighter). He reckoned the combination is brilliant for an accomplished, really fluid drive.

But those wheels and the quad pipes do look nice...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30718

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back