Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 test drive

Wooly

Trainee
I test drove the 997 last week.

First went out in the normal cab and could not get excited about it at all. There seemed to be much less power than my 993 and the engine sound reminded me of an old mini clubman I used to drive 20 years ago.

Then went out in the S. Now that is an entirely different animal. And with the "sport" button pressed it is awsome. I was very tempted until I drove home in the 993 and realised it is much more fun driving a car that you have to respect. I'm keeping mine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30530

I drove the C2 and the C2S back to back on Friday. You can see where the development time has been spent refining all the rough edges of the 996 / Boxster (such as they are!). All I can say is what a great drive, plenty of power and such a smooth gearchange.

Very easy to drive and for some that may spoil the pleasure, but give me that car any day on a wet roundabout when you're not giving it 100% concentration. Sport button (PASM) a little pointless in day to day driving in my opinion, just makes the ride too harsh on most country roads - I'd imagine it would be great on a track day though. The sports exhaust is another matter altogether though ....

Loved the experience so much I put my name down - now I need to decide which to go for, the C2 or the C2S. Life's just full of tough decisions!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30541

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back