Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What price a 993?

Vinceg

Am looking to make a long overdue commitment to a 993 late summer time. I have been cruising the respective forums/net sources/ads etc over past 2-3 months looking to refine knowledge & target spec and form views on right price. On the spec side I think I am there but on price side I remain less that clear – hence would be grateful for any advice/views on offer. I appreciate it all comes down to a specific car in the end but looking to set guidelines here in order to know which cars make sense to chase and which not.

Target spec: 993 coupe, 96/97 varioform, good condition, full service history plus Documentation, colour (blue, silver, grey , black), leather + ac + sun, 50-60k miles.

Against this I believe the below would be the reasonable target prices (cash) from limited research undertaken to date – grateful for any significant opinions to the contrary:

Private

As above £27-29kC2S + C4S plus £4k on aboveHigh mileage ie >90k minus 3k on aboveLow mileage ie <=40k plus 3k on above

Dealer - plus £3-4k on aboveLHD - minus £5k on aboveTarga – plus £1.5k on above

fair or off the mark?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30490

as a recent purchaser maybe this helps

I paid 23K for a 96 Varioram Targa LHD good condition 70K Miles Sat Nav leather working A/C new tyres, recent service private sale

As an aside I would really stress the savings on LHD I am a convert to it having never had LHD before it feels very natural

Good luck with the search

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30497

Welcome Vince!

Paid £29k private in Jan this year for a 1996 targa, 33k miles, needed nothing. Similar cars advertised at dealers for £33k+ (but do they fetch it? Dunno)

Your estimates seem about right, maybe a little high, esp in the current more cautious consumer climate. I suspect you could bag a bit of a bargain at the moment from what private sellers are saying.

BTW, just to clarify and forgive me, but it is a Varioram car you are looking for not a Varioform (refers to the gadget which effectively changes the length of the inlet manifold to create more torque at low revs, more power at high revs).

Hope this is helpful,

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30500

Hi Vince,

I 'm more or less in the same situation looking for a non-cabrio 993. I reckon you are spot on on most of your price ranges, with prob C2/4S's going a bit more than your 32/34k - seeing a handful of cars at sub 40k (which I find crazy)...

Taking Martyn 's comment, LHD is great saving (although you don't get your money back easily either), but why spend more in the first place. I 'm Greek and thus have owned more LHD cars in my life than RHD. I find it quite hard to resell, though the UK market is actually very liquid. Provided that your 993 will be long(ish) term purchase, I would seriously think abt LHD... Takes a day or 2 to get used to it and you have the added bonus of a (proper)drive in Europe.

LHD at 60k miles go as low as 19k, with 23ish that Martyn paid for VArio targa being a great price I reckon.

My question to you all is: Do I spend 32ish on a C2S 50k miler OR same monies on FACELIFTED!!! 996 2002 with 20k miles but LHD? (see
http://www.lhdporsche.com)

I love 993's and they have been my dream drive since forever.. Having recently driven a 996 though, I find the latter cars MUCH softer and appropriate for everyday (London)+ they have all the goodies like proper clima and sta nav etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30506

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back