Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need your help guys...

£20-24k will buy you the best 3.2 or 964, or a >50k miles but good 993. Servicing will be more expensive for the earlier cars than a 993. EVO magazine did a great buyers guide for the 964, as did 911 and Porsche World. 911 & PW also did a good buyers guide for the 993 so send off for a few back issues.

The 993 is a more refined and secure car- I do my 160 mile round-trip commute in my 993 Targa from time to time and it is just great. The 964 and 3.2 are a bit rawer and more noisy, but at 24 you won't worry about that sort of thing!

My first 911 was a 3.2 and I loved it- I was 21 at the time...

Don't be afraid to buy a car privately- you will get better value. When you've found a likely candidate spend £250 on a proper pre-purchase inspection (PPI) as this could save you loads, give you peace of mind and even if the car is excellent will no doubt give you some bargaining points to knock some £ off.

I'd be inclined to save some budget for maintenance and mods.

I'd suggest trying a few different models and see what suits best.

Good hunting!

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30790

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back