Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

flat battery

porkapig

Spa-Francorchamps
hhhhmmmmnnnn - dead battery - started the car with a battery pack hoping it would charge. blasted around for an hour - just to charge it ;-)...... didnt work.

worry set in thinking alternator - so strapped it to a charger overnight.... nope not an extra ounce of juice :-(
so - what size spec of battery is recomended and where can i get one cheap? any ideas

any idea why a battery dies so quickly over a short period of time?

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30239

Bosch Silver 75 a/h about £50 from all good stockists !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30244

The battery may be dead to the point that they won't take/hold their charge. A good garage can test for this to save ££ buying an unecessary replacement.

Had a similar thing on a BMW, and it was very quickly diagnosed to a dead alternator.

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30258

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie Summers on 20 June 2005

Bosch Silver 75 a/h about £50 from all good stockists !

I agree Bosch Silver, from German & Swedish you can get a 82 a/h battery that will fit. It's not listed as a 911 fitment but if you take the dimensions of your old one and tell them you want the highest a/h rating of that size they'll find it for you.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30260

Its just a fact of life that the batteries go flat after a bit of non use normally 3 weeks for a standard size 1 so get the big battery its a little hard to fit but it lasts longer you can get some sort of breaker that allows your battery to continue supplying the alarm but cuts everything else. Try contacting Goerge Morrison Motors in Glasgow G73 1EE telephone 01416431768

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30264

Old forum user Unidentified(8252) wrote:

Porkapig if you need a new battery get one from Costco, assumming you have one near to you and you're a member/know a member. They have the full Bosch Silver range and are unbelievably cheap - much cheaper than GSF/ECP etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30286

Bosch Silver 75A from most factors at about £38!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30293

When I picked up my 993 recently, the previous owner had bought a new Porsche battery that he didn't actually need. Is there any way I can check that this battery is still servicable, and if it is, how should I store it?

Or what should I sell it for?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30404

store it indoors, in a warm place - or if you want to store it in the garage, put it on a piece of wood - i would guess that you should trickle charge it every now and again?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30406

Two different makes: Odyssey and Red Top.

I keep a battery conditioner on mine. My battery is 36 ah ... less weight and the $%^&*() alarm will kill it in about 7 days.

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30409

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Asim Humayun on 20 June 2005

Porkapig if you need a new battery get one from Costco, assumming you have one near to you and you're a member/know a member. They have the full Bosch Silver range and are unbelievably cheap - much cheaper than GSF/ECP etc
Star man! :) went yesterday evening - £43! also mobil 1 - 4 litres £23!

battery now fitted - working great - think the old one was a tad old looking at its condition.

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30429

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back