Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Targa Yes Or No

Iainm

I've been offered a 2003 03 Targa Manual in Lapis, 31k miles UK Car, Metropole Blue, 18" Sport wheels, PCM etc etc for £45k.

Is this a good buy or should I try to chip some more $$$$ off him?

Is the targa worth the extra £££ over a 2?

Thanks guys in advance :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30147

i don't think the 996 targa is that special - unlike the 993 variant which i love!

45k seems a lot tho for that sort of mileage.... a few more grand you can get a c4s!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30148

Sounds maybe a bit pricey- I've seen cars at dealers with less miles for only a bit more.

Targas are great though- I have a 993 Targa. The glass roof gives the car a very different feel, and is well worth the extra over a standard C2.

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30155

Not too sure about the price - could always haggle! But, my mate has a 996 Targa, really nice car! The 993 is very nice as well!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30164

I agreewith Moto - nothing very special about them. Slightly heavier (70kg - with all the weight ooop top) and usually plenty of creaks, rattles and groans (and that was told me by the local OPC who was trying to sell me one!).

The ordinary ESR is a pain in the neck and at town speeds causes all sorts of pressure rumbles in the cabin. Gawd knows what a targa does, but I doubt its anything better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30167

Thanks Guys.

Have had a read of the replies and some thoughts over the weekend and have seen a couple of C4s around the 47k mark. Reckon I can haggle down to 45k, maybe less if I get them on a bad day!

If anyone knows of a C4s around that price, let me know.

Cheers :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30191

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Peter B on 18 June 2005

I agreewith Moto - nothing very special about them. Slightly heavier (70kg - with all the weight ooop top) and usually plenty of creaks, rattles and groans (and that was told me by the local OPC who was trying to sell me one!).

The ordinary ESR is a pain in the neck and at town speeds causes all sorts of pressure rumbles in the cabin. Gawd knows what a targa does, but I doubt its anything better.
For the record, the 993 targa variant was actually lighter than equivalent C4S due to the wide-body and 4wd hardware, so I've no reason to assume that it'd be any different with the 996.

The targa roof is buffet free up to all but motorway speeds, and only rattles and groans in extremis.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30192

Targa is a great car... 996 esp on the coupe chasis

IMHO the narrow body 996's do suffer in the looks dept verses their wider counter parts.. so as great as the targa is.... it is lost in the wide body world (victim of the sales volumes of the 996) of the 996's..... as a result is not as special as the 993

if ONLY they made a wide body Targa.... as a 996 C4S with a Targa roof would be the business !!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30197

31k miles for an 03 car are a lot... Price should def be above 40k though... I would offer sth IRO 42...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30507

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 19 June 2005

if ONLY they made a wide body Targa.... as a 996 C4S with a Targa roof would be the business !!!!
oooh yes, can you imagine? a 996 C4S with a targa roof.......would be bloody fantastic! (i'm still gonna go for the turbo tho...)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30515

02 02 C4S in lapis with grey hide, sports seats & bose, done 21K for £47 with 12 months Porsche warranty tempt you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30516

see?! a couple of grand extra you get a c4s. m pearce's done it again!

go for it iainm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30517

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 19 June 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Peter B on 18 June 2005

For the record, the 993 targa variant was actually lighter than equivalent C4S due to the wide-body and 4wd hardware, so I've no reason to assume that it'd be any different with the 996.

The targa roof is buffet free up to all but motorway speeds, and only rattles and groans in extremis.
The notion of a C4S was not brought into the discussion until after I had posted my comments on the relative weights of 996 with/without targa. A C2 is about 70 kg lighter than a C2 Targa, but the Targa is lighter than a C4S... that's why C2s go better!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30520

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back