Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Conditioning Repair?

jlb532

Looking at purchasing 91 911C4. The A/C is not blowing cold anymore. Any ideas on how much this would cost to fix?

Thanks in advance for any info....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30009

depends on what's wrong with it. I've had a run of trouble with mine over the past couple of years, inc corrosion causing leaks near the engine bay area, which cost @£100 to fix, then the evaporator and then the condensor in 6 mth, both cost ££££ to replace, of course there's the coolant refill after each repair. At the same time a little fan that circulate the air around the temp sensor needed replacing. Even when all is working, don't expect it to blow out sub zero cold storm like any modern euro box can.

You may be lucky enough to get away with just a coolant refill, when was it last done?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30011

Try a leak test and re-gas first. No idea on cost in the USA, but it's c. £50 over here and I guess it would be cheaper in the US given that you use A/C a lot more generally than us Brits.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30022

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back