Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Power packs

I went away for 5 weeks and researched this for a few weeks. The best you can get is this :
http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ProductInformation/BatteryCareCTEK.htm

I left it plugged in .... it tops up the battery and then maintains it.

You can attach the leads to the battery then just have a little plug that you can tuck behind the carpet and pull out to connect when you park.

No problems. I remember from the PCGB 993 forum it is not so easy to configure the cigarette lighter.

The product above is unique in the way it charges the battery better than the other or something...... take a look.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30031

Will

That does look interesting, I will bear it in mind.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30035

My 993 cigar lighter is not active when the ignition is turned off so you may not be able to charge through yours- I can't.

I plug the trickle charger directly into the battery, then close the bonnet on the lead. The alarm etc can remain on as you wish.

ps Ray when are you going to change your signature text!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30036

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back