Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 DME

Ray

Monza
Afternoon all.

I'm expecting to pick up my 993 next week, can't wait.

I would like to purchase a couple of things in advance including a touch up pen, Colour crested centres, and a spare DME relay.

I would like any ideas where the most cost effective spares/parts can be obtained.

I'm assuming that the DME relay Ive read so much about is the fuel pump unit? if so any idea on a part number?

The alloys are 18" turbo's so any ideas on replacement centres? are there different sizes available, or are they all the same size?

The touch up is for Basalt black metallic, are there many versions of this colour dependent upon the year?

Sorry for what may appear to be stupid questions but any help would be appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29663

You can get all these things from
http://www.porscheshop.co.uk
or
http://www.type911.co.uk
both reasonably priced (for porsche spares that is!)

993 DME relays don't fail as often as on earlier 911's, but i'm sure the above companies will sell you one :wink:

Look for the paint code sticker inside the front compartment on one side (pull the carpet away). You can ring up the shop and quote the number for the right touch up pen. My car was advertised as Ocean blue and it was actually midnight blue! Best to check.

Get some 'Lanka' to blend in the blobs after you've used the touch up penpen.
http://www.frost.co.uk

Wheel centres are all the same size AFAIK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29664

I have a set of brand new still in the box proper all metal (no holes) crested wheel centre pt no. 993.361.032.11. ( PM me with an offer if your interested).

Yes the wheel centres for the 911 were all same fitment (except for Fuchs and cookie cutter wheels), but the came in different designs including some plastic ones with holes for removal (easily stolen!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29666

I bought my spare DME and touch up paint from AFN Reading. Prices were comparable (if not!) slightly cheaper then independents. Have recently purchased a replacement engine lid script from OPC for under £8! Don't overlook OPC for parts.

P.S. I would fit the new DME which should've been made in Germany and keep the original which was probably made in Hungary as a spare. I think they may also have different part numbers but would have to check???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29682

jonH

So it is the fuel pump DME that i'm after?

I hear what you say about using an OPC but my nearest is an 80 mile round trip so I was edging towards a company that will do mail order.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29686

Ray - i think an OPC will do mail order for you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29687

OK

I'll give them a call

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29693

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ray on 07 June 2005

I'm expecting to pick up my 993 next week, can't wait.

I would like to purchase a couple of things in advance including a touch up pen, Colour crested centres, and a spare DME relay.

I would like any ideas where the most cost effective spares/parts can be obtained.

I'm assuming that the DME relay Ive read so much about is the fuel pump unit? if so any idea on a part number?

Make sure you pick up the relay numbered 993 615 227 00 (the newer more reliable one), rather than 944 615 227 00. Lots of 993's came with the 944 part (including mine, I fitted a new 993 part and kept the original 944 item as a spare.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29696

Ordered the DME Relay from OPC £19 + vat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29806

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back