Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking into buying a GT3

Nick_GT3

Could do with some advice please guys/girls. Looking at buying a MK1 GT3 - what are the main things to look out for when buying one? How many came with the club spec but leather seats instead of the cloth? How often is the service schedule, typical costs of a service etc etc

Kind regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29499

I can only really offer advice about the seats. If you want the leather recaros, but are not too bothered about the rollcage, then many comfort models were spec'd with these, so don't rule them out. I think the leather seats were more popular than the cloth in clubsports, but I'm not sure.

I think servicing is standard 911 fare, though it could be slightly different as it has a different engine to the normal 996s. One thing you don't have to worry about is RMS!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29500

Hi Nick

Im hopefully getting my mk2 GT3 clubsport this week, (should of been 2 weeks ago but thats another story) as far as i know and have seen the clubsport only comes with the fire resistant fabric seats, i guess leather may of been an option but then that will be defeating the whole object of having a clubsport model!

If you want the leather your best off with a comfort spec GT3 as Noony says

ps.. will be looking to sell my car when i get it, it has ext warranty until july 2006, 5000 miles,silver, PCCBs, ali dials etc, and is RHD and im idealy looking for a quick sale if your interested let me know

cheers...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29565

Does 'Comfort' spec mean no roll cage??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29566

You can have the Tequipment roll cage in a comfort car.

There were only 28 RHD MK1 Clubsports in the UK.

Cheers Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29567

how many comforts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29622

for the ladies among us :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29628

ha ha

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29631

I went to have a look round a MK1 GT3 Clubsport at a dealer yesterday, having not much else to do at lunch time except revise for a fund management exam!

Didn't realise it was such a rare beasty... what a car!

Two things struck me- being a bit of a short-ass I, felt a bit low in it. Is there any scope to adjust the seat upwards with spacers etc?

Secondly, the clutch felt absolutely rock-hard- very short travel and I couldn't imagine holding it down, say at some lights. Is that normal?

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29685

Robert - i like your style - you have a car to sell - but already are looking at something new - 8)

I bet your wife approves?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29700

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 08 June 2005

I went to have a look round a MK1 GT3 Clubsport at a dealer yesterday, having not much else to do at lunch time except revise for a fund management exam!

Didn't realise it was such a rare beasty... what a car!

Two things struck me- being a bit of a short-ass I, felt a bit low in it. Is there any scope to adjust the seat upwards with spacers etc?

Secondly, the clutch felt absolutely rock-hard- very short travel and I couldn't imagine holding it down, say at some lights. Is that normal?

Robert.

You don't hold the clutch down at lights do you :wink:
. Unless your first at the lights and want to do a quick getaway, you'll be doing your clutch bearings in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29701

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 08 June 2005

Robert - i like your style - you have a car to sell - but already are looking at something new - 8)

I bet your wife approves?
My wife is deeply disapproving of my car interests, but there you go ;-)

My cunning (and desperate) plan is to try to find something 'desirable' and therefore perhaps more liquid to PX my immovable other car for, hopefully therefore getting a bit more for it out of their margin than a simple trade offer. Then I can sell the new car easier, and hopefully have fun in the meantime.

Probably a rubbish idea, and will get stuck with the next one too, having paid yet more dealer margin...!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29704

Lol.

Good luck - its a theory.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29710

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back