Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

remote 964 fan belt light problem

Colin McBride

Having a remote problem with the warning light on the dash of a 964 C2 that indicates 'fan belt'. Remote....as in I'm back in Iraq and the car and wife are in Belfast.

I was only home a few days and the light came on, so I replaced both belts. About 3 days later, the light came on again, so I tightened the inner belt that the wheel runs on. It's so tight it twangs like a nun's knicker elastic now. As the wife was leaving me to the airport, the damn light came on again. A quick diagnostic in the airport carpark seemed to indicated that either the switch is faulty or the actual wires to the switch have broken at a tight bend....you know the way the copper can break and leave the outer sheath intact. Suffice to say that I had to fly out and leave my missus to drive home with a red light on.

Is that warning light on the dash to indicate a broken belt or a loose belt? I've told the missus to drive away at it as two brand new belts are fitted and they are as tight as a drum. She's switched on enough to keep an eye on the oil temperature as well.

Any thoughts?

Colin.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29168

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back