Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Turbo S front scoops

Mankster

Silverstone
I was planning on changing my fog lights as the lens are sand blasted and don't match the new clear front indicators. I notice that Design911.uk is selling the Turbo S scoop style replacements for a few notes less. As I was going to get my lower spoiler reprayed to cover up some stone chips, I could get these painted up at the same time for not much more. Do I need to add ducting to direct the air to the oil cooler or is it enough to just fit them as it is? If I need to add ducting is this a bumper off job or can it be done through the foglight apperture? I understand I lose the fog light and just get a sidelight. Has anyone here done the same?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28845

Sundeep, some questions (cos those Turbo S intakes look great):

Can you buy the intakes without the ducting kit? If so, how much?

Can you fit the intakes without the ducting? And if so, does that cause any problems? (OK, no cooling air to the brakes, but that's not an issue for me...)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28894

yes... porsche apart and design 911 both sell just the ducts for about £100+ a pair

which provides valuable additional cooling to the oil cooler.. and for this time of year it certainly needs it ! as the low speed oil cooler fan is one of the major weaknesses in ther 993 design with its resistor prone to failure

the std turbo s ducts are the same fitment, although you loose the fog light function, but even that is more looks than function !

so fitting them is very easy and no need for any additional ducting as all of air finds its way to the oil cooler... IIRC Will has a set on his 993

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28898

I have those on my Targa- it never occured to me they weren't standard!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28901

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 23 May 2005

yes... porsche apart and design 911 both sell just the ducts for about £100+ a pair

which provides valuable additional cooling to the oil cooler.. and for this time of year it certainly needs it ! as the low speed oil cooler fan is one of the major weaknesses in ther 993 design with its resistor prone to failure

the std turbo s ducts are the same fitment, although you loose the fog light function, but even that is more looks than function !

so fitting them is very easy and no need for any additional ducting as all of air finds its way to the oil cooler... IIRC Will has a set on his 993

Thanks Sundeep, I 'll be getting a pair of the Standard S Scoops and not bother with any ducting.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28902

Hi there,

I fitted them on my 993 and JZ (who outsourced the work to Langley Autocraft) said the Design 911 parts are not original Porsche parts. That's why they're cheaper!.

I bought the original parts.

Another thing to remember is that the light the new ones give off is much lower than traditional fog lights therefore don't expect much in that department.

There is an alternative Porsche air/duct fog light combo with proper fog lights (ie not circular and giving off lots of light) but they were about £450 for the pair from Porsche!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28905

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hasan Ramadan on 23 May 2005

Hi there,

I fitted them on my 993 and JZ (who outsourced the work to Langley Autocraft) said the Design 911 parts are not original Porsche parts. That's why they're cheaper!.

I bought the original parts.

Another thing to remember is that the light the new ones give off is much lower than traditional fog lights therefore don't expect much in that department.

There is an alternative Porsche air/duct fog light combo with proper fog lights (ie not circular and giving off lots of light) but they were about £450 for the pair from Porsche!
which will be... (although in reality isn't not like the fog light are any good .. ref. porsche design lights are awful no matter what they do !)

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_7534.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28907

IIRC Will (also known as 968er in another world :eek: ) has his scoops painted slilver, which makes them look father fine IMHO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28910

Aaarrgh! Father fine?? Rather... :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28912

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 23 May 2005

IIRC Will (also known as 968er in another world :eek: ) has his scoops painted slilver, which makes them look father fine IMHO.
IIRC Will/968er posts here under the name Shed17. An international man of mystery...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28913

from the full scoop effect....

04A.jpg

BKS4_.jpg

verses the standard scoop....

CBCBFE3343B445A6AB3A18259855ACB7.jpg

although there is a US version that uses...a 38w Corvette Fog Light (which is fixed).... but IIRC UK reg's require a side light as a minimum !

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/S_duct_with_light.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28915

Interesting, Design911 are using the correct porsche part number,I live pretty close to Design911 so I was going to pick it up from them, but I'll make sure I take a good look first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28919

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back