Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oops

:eek:
didn't realise shaving foam would strip paint!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26915

i seem to remember it bleaches the paint - at school a teachers car was covered in shaving foam and it went from red to pink !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26919

I had a mix of gloss paint and PVA glue poured over one of my cars. It was totally impervious to all known solvents/cleaners. What I find most staggering about the whole thing was the fact that someone took time to mix it up and carry it to my car (I reckon there must have been a good couple of litres). It seemed to be a premeditated random incident if you can have such a thing!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26931

My merc was a really dark green metalic, and I was away for 4-5 days, so when I came back it was pretty much white.. ...didnt strip the paint, but made a real mess.. according to the neighbours it was shaving foam and silly string; had to get it re-sprayed (still looking for the little
b@$*@rds
3 years on!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26934

Eggs are another favourite for taking paint off. A couple of kids egg-bombed my car a few years ago and took two 'splats' of paint off the bonnet down to the metal.

The pics at the top came from a vehicle salvage auction site. Amazingly this car was classed as a category C which means it will soon be repaired and appearing on a forecourt near you!

Registration is LK54GYW (if you want to watch out for it) and the repairer paid over £32k for it so it's not going to be a bargain once repaired.

There are sometimes some nice stolen/recovered cars like this...
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/stolen.jpg

it's a 2003 with no hardtop and went for just under £41k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26960

The staggering thing is that the wreck is a 997.

Didn't have much of a life,did it.

JohnC

993TT430

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26985

Just over 1800 miles. They ran it in....then ran it in to a field!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27003

Familiarity breeds contempt.................... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27012

I was pushing the 997s over the last few days, the backend is glued to the road, but I am worried about how light the front gets and it feels as though it is tourqe steering (impossible I know as it is rear wheel drive). Anyone else feel the lightness in the front?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27221

#I was pushing the 997s over the last few days, the backend is glued to the road, but I am worried about how light the front gets and it feels as though it is tourqe steering (impossible I know as it is rear wheel drive). Anyone else feel the lightness in the front?#

weight transfer to the rear under load? - lifting the front end up - dont all 2wd 9** do this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27230

But this was really bad, any sort of small cross winds at this point would have me gently lifting off and reducing my speed. Cant remember this happening in the 996.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27238

Eggs - and more importantly - their shells can do a lot of damage to car paint.

If egg bombed, wash off the egg ASAP, and I really mean ASAP, but note where the eggs hit because, believe it or not, there is almost certainly paintwork damage caused by the eggshell as it collapses!

Yep, absolutely true. I had a Range Rover eggbombed and it was only when I washed the car properly a few days later that I noticed a series of small chip marks in a perfect circle the exact diamater of the egg. Actually there were several such marks as the yobboes had launched a full 6 pack at the car.

Land Rover did some tests when I told their Technical Director about it over lunch one day and they confirmed that at the moment of impact, as the smooth ovoid shape hits the bodywork, no damage is done. Indeed no damage is done until you reach the maximum diameter of the egg, and at that precise moment, when the external diameter is at it greatest, the jagged edge of the top half of the shell that has not yet broken cuts into the paint. Up until that point, in the few milliseconds of the shell collapsing, the bottom half of the shell is collapsing inside the circumference and no damage is occurring.

So, don't do as I did and let the little sh*ts who did it go thinking, as I did, "Oh dont' worry, it'll wash off", GET EVEN!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27488

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back