Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S odd Colour Scheme

Mankster

Silverstone
Hi, I was all set to get myself a Targa but now I am not sure if I should get a manual Coupe instead. I'll be going to view a private LHD C2S on Friday. The car is grey but the owner tells me it comes with silver mirrors, door handles and spoiler, and thats the way Porsche supplied them. Does anyone know if this true? Northways have a Blue LHD C2S at the moment but the mirrors and handles are body colour. So did some cars come in this odd colour scheme or did some previous owner have them painted? Its hard to tell for sure but in the black and white pictures in the Brooklands book on road tests, I think the C2S RHD in one of the pictures has different coloured mirrors but no mention of it i the text. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26516

then at least it will be unique...

they come in 1 colour.. previous owner could have had it painted or had the mirrors handles or spolier stolen and replaced with silver, etc

pics would be interesting to view !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26521

I haven't seen the actual car yet but I'll take some snaps when i do.

Here the mag article. The mirror, door handle and even the wheel spokes seem different.
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/C2S(2).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26527

There was a limited edition 993 S that had the silver anodised handles & spoiler you mention. The colour of the car was 'vesuvius' which I have seen descibed as 'grey', but is a unique bluey-purple. The car you look at may be this or have aftermarket parts added to customise.

Remember that we only see a small sub-set of available options in UK and in practice all 993 are similar but never identical spec.

Good Luck with your quest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26528

door handles could easily be...

wheels again could be colour coded to car but outer rim normally isn't if that is done... well you never know what Porcshe GB was doing at the end to continue sales..???

and a b&w pic, i won't say it ! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26529

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by evo911 on 04 April 2005

There was a limited edition 993 S that had the silver anodised handles & spoiler you mention. The colour of the car was 'vesuvius' which I have seen descibed as 'grey', but is a unique bluey-purple. The car you look at may be this or have aftermarket parts added to customise.

Remember that we only see a small sub-set of available options in UK and in practice all 993 are similar but never identical spec.

Good Luck with your quest.

Just did a form search on versuvius and came up with James's car
http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=14&TopicID=387&SearchPagePosition=1&search=vesuvius&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Looks like it may well be a factory job.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26530

I'm almost certain some cars came from the factory like that

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26531

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back