Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 or not

Jonathan Rubins

Spa-Francorchamps
Garage have phoned today to ask if I want to go on waiting list for new cab recon will be ready this time next year, 3k down so not to be lightly done, shall I do it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25949

Has had rave reviews. T'would Be a nice thing to look forward to for this time next year...

I dare say you'd have no problem offloading your place in the queue should you change your mind. Go for it, I reckon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25962

YES IT IS VERY TEMPTING THE REAL PROBLEM IS WHAT WILL MINE BE WORTH THIS TIME NEXT YEAR AND THEREFORE HOW MUCH DO i HAVE TO PUT IN .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25980

And when you get down to it, would the 997 cab be sufficiently more fun/better than your 996 cab to justify the no doubt considerable extra outlay? A question only a test-drive can answer...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25982

it is a bit about residuals aswell I don't want to own the 996 as it drops off a cliff, and I am a fool for a new car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25983

If you feel you need to buy new that kinda limits your choices... The depreciation hit is implicit. The smart money would be on keeping your existing car for as long as poss, but that's a finnacial decision rather than an emotional one.

At the end of the day, is anything that us lot say really going to influence your decision? And how can we really help you make your mind up on whether to spend circa £60K?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25985

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
964Turbo.3.3Mike
Back