Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Turbo 4 questions?

perry

Monza
Hi guys,

Pretty new to the forum, although had several porsches in the past (never a 911 though). The time has come for a 993 T4, I can't put it off any longer! Awesome car. I have purchased a copy of Peter Morgans 993 buyers guide, plus have a friend who has a T4, so fairly clued up now.

I have a couple of question that I need an answer for, so I guess this could be the place.

1. Was the 430bhp upgrade standard on the 97/98 car, as a run out. Is there a factory code for it?
2. How straight forward/whats the cost of fitting a european spec rear PU (the one without the over-riders) as the car I have seen has the over-riders and looks terrible, is it a straight forward, unbolt then bolt the new one on or is there more to it?
3.How easy is it to get window tint film off?

Sorry lots of questions, but have been offered a really good deal on the car, otherwise I wouldn't bother with the above things I'd just wait a little longer. Any help/thoughts would be great.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25452

Hi Perry,

I think I know what car you're going for. To try and answer your questions:

I'm pretty sure the power upgrade was never standard. The option code is x50 as far as I know.

Not sure about the PU, but I'll bet it's a straight unbolt bolt on job.

Window tint is a nightmare to get off - unless there's a modern chemical now...I tried it 8 years ago and almost smashed the window to pieces!

Good luck with the car....get it well checked out! By the way he offered me a MPH speedo as part of our negotiations, don't know if it bothers you.

Don.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25458

The film peels off okay

the problem is the muck it leaves behind

Bodyshop suppliers like Hex Holdings, AP Autela sell a tar & glue remover, I've also seen people use Brake Cleaner, but its not a nice job.

If you ring any of the co's that fit it, they are no help either,

Mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25460

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back