Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stiff clutch pedal on a 996

Doug Gardner

The clutch on my 2003 996 (15k) has a stiff clutch pedal. I did not notice since this was my first (drove another a while ago) porsche but now at dealers for service and they are telling me the clutch is gone.

I just can not understand this, such low mileage. I bought the car from the OPC with 9k on the clock, have had it serviced there, have a war. with Porsche but they are saying its my faul and cost.

Any advice, what else could it be. There is no way it could wear at 15k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25397

hmmm - it is possible that the clutch has worn out at such a low mileage - if the first owner(s) drove it like they stole it , then the clutch could well be knackered by 15K miles. It doesnt take many burn outs for a clutch to get fried.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25400

Did a clutch in 15,000 miles on a Mitsubishi L200. The dealership wouldn't do that under warranty either, and yes, that was abused.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25402

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back