Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lost Code for CD Player...

Porsche Events

Old forum user Unidentified(7591) wrote:

Had the misfortune of having to replace the battery on my 2002 996 Turbo over the weekend - The ever helpful (NOT) service people at Porsche in Reading simply left me with the battery and told me to get on with it!

As the car was bought 2nd hand - I am not in possesion of the CD code that has to be entered when you disconnect the battery - have checked everywhere and neither I or the previous owner have it.

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve the problem and get some sounds in the car again ???

(Have left 2 messages with Porsche in Reading and no one is calling me back - shock!!!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24924

If you contact the original supplying dealer they should have made a note of it on the pre delivery inspection sheet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25238

deleted.jpg

Either phone the supplying dealer or any Porsche dealer should be able to get it for you,

The Porsche GB computer has a record of the key codes & radio code, and the dealer can request a copy to be faxed to them, they do this everytime they need to code a duplicate key, I've seen the fax they get so it definetley is on it

Alternatively you could try Sempal.co.uk, the becker importers

But you should be able to get it from any Porsche dealer

mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25498

Dave....did you ever get your code? If not (and this applies to everybody on the forum), I can supply the correct code for your head-unit for a mere £10 (thats instead of the £30+ that an OPC will charge you!)

E-mail me for this service.

Marc (very excited now...only 18 hours until I pick up my new 996 C2 Tip!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 25770

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back