Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I have balls

Carrera

Banned
Just got my 993 back from JZ, had 24k service done as well as gear box service (oil change) and brake fluid changed, and most important of all, the mononballs.

One of the rubber strut mounts were found to be split last year when I had the Roocke kit fitted and at the time I couldn't wait for the monoballs to be ordered, so I got it done this time round.

They also found one of the front wishbone bushing to be on its way out so instead of changing it later adding another alignment cost, I had it changed to the RS wishbones which have harder compound rubber, then a full alignment.

They also fixed a few niggles after going through the whole car more thoroughly then anyone ever did. They even found my long lost stereo front panel under the passenger seat (lost it 3 yrs ago!)

WhenI got home I installed the Roocke Sport System strut brace I got from e-bay.

Driving the car was a revelation. You can feel every cracks and lines on the road, I could even tell the brand of the cigarette when I drove over it (ok, that's a bit of an exageration, but you know what I mean, esp the RS owners)

It's a fair bit noisier on the road in terms of road noise, and you can "feel" the road via the steering wheel much more. Feel almost like you're touching the road surface.

The turn in is immediate, noticably sharper than before. Previously I could feel a little bit of wallow before tha car changes direction but now it's just instantaneous.

Very happy with the result, and certainly happy with the service from JZ. Can't wait to try it on the track this yr.

Next in line, probably cooling ducts depending on how the current brakes behave this yr.
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24882

Nice one Mick! I was equally impressed with JZ when they did all the work on mine beginning of last year.

Have you got any track days planned yet? I see there's a Bedford one at Easter but I'm not around then.

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24893

I've sort of planned about 5~6 trackdays this yr, mainly Bedford and Donnington, but non confirmed yet. Hope to see you in some of them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24908

You're on the slippery slope Mick :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 24910

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back