Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wishbone bushes

Carrera

Banned
Just brought my 993 to JZ for a 12k service and monoballs strut mounts to be installed. Got the most comprehensive report this afterternoon ever! Chris must have gone through the whole car with a fine tooth comb, found quite a few "problems". Most are minor and not too serious, but the front wishbones bushes are on it's way out.

They don't need replacing just yet, but if I leave it in, and change it next yr, the alignment will nedd to be done again, costing another £200 or so. I decided to change them now while everything is out.

Question is, the RS wishbones, do they have solid bushes or do they just have bushes with harder rubber? I've gone for the RS ones anyway, just wondering if it's going to last a bit longer than the "normal" one.

Can't wait to get it back next wk, I'm sure the steering will be much sharper!

Also manage to get a Roock Sport system strut brace off e-bay, and a torque wrench off e-bay for a tenner to install the strut brace. All ready for the tracks this yr! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23614

Well serious...! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23617

Well, one of the rubber strut mount was found to be split last yr, and the wishbone bushing was on it's way out. So if I was going to replace them anyway I might as well replace it with something that makes it handle a bit more like an RS. I would really love an RS but just can't live with the wt reducing measures, ie, no rear seat, thin metal and glass, no rust proofing etc. Wish they made a sort of "fat" RS!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23639

interesting.. i was wondering about those wishbones on mine as well...

and ABOUT TIME you finally got a strut brace !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23652

I did consider the strut brace a long while ago, but then I was told that the rubber mounts have more "play" than the body twist that's taken away by the strut brace anyway, or something like that. So now that I've got the monoball mounts, I'll get more benefit from the strut brace. Plus it was going for less than £100 on e-bay, so I grabbed it while I could!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23657

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back