Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Cab vs New Boxster S

GG

Which would you choose?

I currently have the former (Nov 2003 C2) - and bought it a) because it is a truly awesome car and b) I have recently become a father and the back seats offered the potential for taking the car and family out at the same time.

In reality, the back seats are better suited for older kids and #2 bambino is due in the next 8 weeks. So that leaves me with a conundrum. I am not currently in the market for a new 997 cab - but this will undoubtedly knock my current cars value. Do I hold on to this car even though the additional seats will not be used - or trade in for a new Boxster S which, as far as my driving skills are able to guage, is not far off (if at all) in terms of both handlling and performance. Over the next year, it should also cost me less in terms of maintenance and depreciation.

Or is this pure heresy?

I love porsches - but just want to get as many bangs for my buck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23515

save the cash and get a boxster ?

or go retro and get a 993 cab.... for even less than the boxy S ! = win win option !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23519

Why take the depreciation hit if you don't need to. Fold the seats down and pretend it's a Boxster or enjoy the flexibility those additional seats give.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23531

Selling one car and buying a new one never beat hanging on to the old one in the economics game. 996 vs Boxster? No contest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23532

This months Evo magazine puts the 997 against a new boxster, interesting results also sneekaly compares the 997 against the AMV8,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23552

Took the boxster out again yesterday - what was I thinking? Completely different animals. Consider me back in the fold!

....never to stray again.

:oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 23642

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back