Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 993 Targa coming...!

Robertb

Yas Marina
Hurrah! I've found a car, with collection scheduled for Saturday morning, subject to viewing and a quick drive.

It is a private sale 993 Targa, arena red with grey interior, 96 N with 33k miles. Been looking for one like this for ages, off and on.

I've had it PPI'd but not seen it yet in the metal. Childish, but I'm so excited I can't sleep!

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22663

Well done Robert, you'll be part of a very exclusive group of 993 owners. 993s are the dogs danglies, 993 targas are just simply huge dogs danglies! Enjoy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22674

well done on finding one i think the glass top targa is great

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22675

Thanks folks- I'll post pics (if my limited understanding of such technology allows) soon.

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22699

Congrats Robert-will be interested on your views on the 993 vs. the 355.

If you have any problems with pics then email them over.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22714

Got the car yesterday- hurrah! Just as good as I'd hoped, and looking forward to getting to know its ways better. It has brought memories of my old 3.2 flooding back!

Noony- Initial thoughts of 355 vs 993- the 993 feels so narrow- much easier to place on the road. The 993 feels more lively low down in the rev range, but feels like it runs out of revs too quickly- where the 355 revs to 8500 rpm! The steering feel on the 993 is far superior. The 355's ride is harder, but feels more taut and composed over bumps/corners. The 355 feels more 'bespoke' inside, but then so it should! The 993's gearbox is more pleasant and easy to use, but does not feel quite so direct- rods vs cables I suppose.

The 993 feels just as much of an 'event' to drive, and feels like it has more character. The targa roof offers a whole new dimension vs the removable panel on the GTS, but does not feel as open, probably because of the roof side rails. I especially like the feel of the targa with the roof closed, but blind retracted.

Overall, the higher cost of the 355 is apparent when eperienced side by side with the 993. The driving experiences are very different, but the 993 is certainly as fun to drive but for different reasons- the 355 is all about performance, where the 993 involves you more, more of the time.

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22733

Robert, good summary, I'm glad you like it.

Now, for the pics????!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22734

always good to have another 993 targa owner in the house... that's about 10 here.. actively !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22749

Ahh, pics. Its looking a bit mucky after its trip up from Canterbury, and not at its best. I'll try some photos after I've washed it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22768

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back