Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convince me to buy a 993!

There is a cure for that Sundeep, called "driving lesson", he he he he :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22457

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 10 January 2005

There is a cure for that Sundeep, called "driving lesson", he he he he :p

I'll be seeing you at the Aerodrome soon ! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22474

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 08 January 2005

So Sundeep after sniffing around the site and the market for > 9 months looking mainly at 964's I ve decided on a LHD 993. Seems to me the 993 is a 'better' car all round.So go ahead and tell me Im making the right decision. Anybody else feel free to chip in :wink:
and even disagree!!

almost forget to add !

when I had the TT it said to me 2 key things that had to be on next car..

i) rear wheel drive

ii) at least 6 cylinders

so as a TT man... what do you think ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22476

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 09 January 2005

Sundeep I was (and still am ) TwickTT on the TT forum. I was never really pleased with the TT as I felt it lacked something, it never really engaged me when driving.
If it is an engaging car that you want then you can't do much better than a 993. I am presuming you haven't driven one otherwise you wouldn't be asking to be convinced. Personally, I didn't want to hand back the ones that I test drove and now I've got my own I can't leave it alone. I drive it at every opportunity just for the sake of driving.

Maybe it's just me but I can't sto looking at mine and admiring it!

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22489

I'm the same - hate putting mileage on the 993 but can't help driving it everywhere!

I'd considered a TT about 6 years ago and test both the coupe and the cabrio. Glad I never went for one though as they are just so common now. I like the exclusivity of the 993!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22508

Despite the associated increase in depreciation, is a 993 actually a good prospect as a daily driver (say 15k miles p.a.) or is it going to drastically ramp up the value of bills you start getting??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22509

It'll cost you more in terms of repair bills if you don't drive the car regularly. 15k is easy milage for 993, should be no problem at all.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22519

Martyn.You won't be disappointed! 993 is a fabulous ,car totally intoxicatingYou will make excuses to drive it.The shape is the most resolved of the 911's except the original.If you follow the classifieds, 996's appear to be falling in value faster than 993's.I had always wanted a Porsche since seeing 356's when 4 years of age.It was not until last summer that I achieved this. Go for it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22534

Im Convinced, it was the LHD that I needed convincing on!!

My cooper S is on autotrader, so assuming I get a fair price its a 993 for me :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22552

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back