Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Customer service

Had my first service related dealings with the official network this week :roll:

Rang Porsche centre East London last week to see whether my car(96C2) needed the wiring loom recall or whether it had already been done. It took them over 24 hours and numerous chase up calls from me forthem to advise me that it needed doing(whilst fed up with them I rang Porsche centre Tonbidge who got the warranty manager to call me back ithin 5 minutes to confirm not only that the recall was needed but also the build spec of my car)

I booked the car into East London as it is the most convenient for me and delivered it yesterday morning. Despite numerous calls to the(none of which were ever returned) I could never find out the progress on the work. I eventually went to pick it up this morning and had to remind them to stamp the service book to show the recall had ben done and almost had to beg for a copy of the jobsheet to put in the service history. Story is I will never go there again(unless its free) as there customer service was/is appalling.

Tonbridge however were quite impressive on the phone at least.

Nice 996 GT3RS in there with the front PU ripped off RS53POR

Rant over but anyone used to the service at somewhere like JZ would be disgusted by the lack of attention paid to customer service. Also the age of the mechanics whilst not neccessarily a guide didnt seem to point to a great deal of experience within the dealership.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20990

Out of the three OPC dealerships which used to be known as Lancaster Porsche, but are now known as OPC East London, Cambridge and Colchester, only OPC Colchester appears to have any ability to return phone calls or to keep their customers informed.

With Boxter, Cayenne and 911 sales so buoyant and with relatively few OPC's in the UK, I think the dealers are just complacent with regard to aftersales service.

If this be the case, things could very easily back fire on them. Maserati dealerships for one are only too keen to fall over backwards to prise existing Porsche customers into their cars.

One Maserati dealer, on knowing my car was stuck in my local Porsche OPC for 5 days (with no offer of a loan car and subsequently having to be returned for another 2 days due to shoddy work) contacted me to offer the weekend loan of a 4200 Maserati Coupe for the weekend.

Porsche dealers, with Maserati now back into re-establishing their legendary interests in motor racing, you had better sharpen up your act - and quickly. There's a Maserati dealer right behind you just waiting to take advantage of both Porsche's and your own, complacency!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21002

OPC Tonbridge could conceivably be as complacent given their market dominance of a large chunk of 'below thames' wealthy southeast. Their attention to customers however is exemplary, as I found when I had my wiring loom recall done there. As with all firms, the bosses believe that they have a common corporate policy but the reality relies on the quality of the local folks to put it into practice. The boys and girls at Tonbridge seem to be a well focussed bunch

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21003

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back