Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new 997 C2S

resh

Hi, iam due to take delivery of my first porsche mext week a black 997 C2S

However, now that the reality is dawning, i am getting a little anxious about looking after my investment - so;

could anyone advise on one of those black bonnet protectors that they use in the US on thier cars - see them thier all the time, but not here.

Any thoughts on protecting the polished paint work - i do a reasonable amount of mileage - approx 20k a year, mix local & motorway - help will be much appreciated

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20564

Hi and congrats on the new purchase. I'm personally not a fan of these so called bonnet bras! I think a more effective method is to have 3M film or similar applied to the vunerable areas. The film is almost invisible and while it'll cost more than the "bra", you should get your £ back come resale time.

Tony

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20567

thanks TOny, will the dealer supply the 3M product ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20574

resh..

you need to get
www.armourfend.com
protection.. which is like the 3m clear protection..

this stuff is 'supposed' to be bullett proof and will stop all stone chips..

I've got it on the front of my car and I know others who do as well....

check out their site....

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20582

thanks Sundeep,

will check it out

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20583

Resh,

there are distinct and subtle differences between A'fend and 3M.Check out both products. I believe Ferrari dealers are using 3M at the mo.

FWIW, i found the A'fend to be a bit bulkier than 3M. I had one 993 done in A'fend, the other in 3M.In fairness this was a few years ago tho'.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20596

3M/AF definitely the way to go. You can't go round in a car with a bonnet bra!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20599

i will ask my dealer tomorrow am - thanks for the advice.

Also - with reference to speed trap detectors - i currently have the latest Road Angel in my BMW, but the dealership has recommended B2 - any thoughts ?

This will be my first serious car - only ever owned BMW & Mercedes for the last 12 years - this may sound a little crazy but i have never even sat in a Porsche, and am due to take delivery next week!

Any tips or recommendations on how to 'drive' my new transport ?

My brother has strongly recommended that i have some advance driving lessons - thoughts thanks -

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20602

You will find your driving style will be that of a cheshire cat!

Good idea going for advanced lessons, the 2s is a more challenging car to drive than my old 996 4s, the first thing that I thought about when going fast in the 2s was, 'ok lets learn to drive fast before something bad happens'! It can only help you enjoy the car more and make better use of its fantastic ability!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20603

Resh,

The only thing I can say is DRIVE, the more you do it the better you will get! I did have some driver training a year after I bought a 996. The only thing I really learned to do well was rev matching, makes the whole driving experience that much more fun! And the Porsche instructor explained that a perfect pull away as far as he was concerned was get the rev's up to 2000 and then let the clutch out and floor it. If you try it you will know what I mean - the car pulls away a lot nicer - better for the clutch as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20762

I test the 997 C2 and the 997 C2 S for two days in the Imola track. The 997 C2 S is absolutely fantastic. On the wet track was even better then the 996 C4. The S also have a terrific torque that gives you a big avdavantage in the race. My lap time with my 996 C2 Cabro (3.4) was 16 seconds worse then the my time with 997 C2 S. With a professional pilot the 997 S get 1 second ahead of the 996 Turbo and that says all of it.

The only sad question, but it is soggettive, is the interior that looks too similar to a standard VW, but when you start the engine you forget about it

Congratulation for the very good choice done: you got probably the best car available today on the market.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20764

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back