Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Audio in 996

Koenig999

Having just got my 996 coupe, :)
I was wondering what options are around for upgrading the stereo. The car has the Hi-Fi pack, CDR22, 6 disc autochanger.

I am thinking in terms of a new head unit (cassette / tuner ) and CD autochanger, replacement speakers, perhaps keeping the amp. I am not looking for a chavvy show car type installation, but a discreet look, high quality high fidelity sound. Perhaps Nakamichi ? (I love my ZX-7 cassette deck)

I have 2 spare DIN slots under the a/c panel.

Are there any Porsche friendly audio fitters in the Berks / Bucks / Surrey area?

I have used The Sound Gallery in High Wycombe for home Hi-Fi and have been happy, so I might try their in-car division?

Thanks,

Koenig

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20293

Koenig,

Be interested in how you get on. I'm in the same position. I was considering a Becker head unit as this seems to go with the look of the controls. defo need better quality speakers as well although i would prefer ones that can simply replace the originals.

good luck

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20299

aye..

Becker Head unit.. for the porsche look and get the Traffic pro high speed for the Nav stuff....

have a look at
www.becker.de
after all the OEM units are rebranded becker and no need to change to CD-changer as it's compatiable

or Alpine, the best nav unit and head up screen... but you pay £'s !

Speakers.. Infinity are the best, anything else is just 2nd best

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20300

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back