Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Tyres

Paul Taylor

Dear All,

Just bought a 996 Carrera with 18" turbo wheels. I will need new tyres soon, any recommendations on make/pattern would be most welcome (although Pirelli Rossos seem to be everyones favourite).

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20131

Pirelli Rossos seem to be everyones favourite - quite rightly. :D

Feel good to me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20133

Tried Pirelli and SO2 one after the other, found that SO2 last longer, good tyres, but went back to Pirelli, softer rubber, won't last as long better grip and quieter.

Does any body know if there's a difference between P-Zero and Rosso?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20137

P-Zero designed for C2 & C4

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20141

I wouldn't recommend Continentals. The garage didn't have the PZero's and had conti's put on my 996 C2 instead. They feel skaty and unsure of themselves. Go with Pirelli.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20461

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Winch on 10 November 2004

I wouldn't recommend Continentals. The garage didn't have the PZero's and had conti's put on my 996 C2 instead. They feel skaty and unsure of themselves. Go with Pirelli.

Odd. Conti Sports were superb on my 993 and cheaper than P Zeros

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20462

P-Zero Rosso (N4) tyre was specifically designed to offer improved wet grip. Source: Autocar (996 C2 end of term report earlier this year). They spoke to Pirelli tyre engineers after their long-term 996C2 had these tyres on them.

I can't say they're significantly different/better (in all conditions) than the N3 P-Zeroes I had on my C4 before the Rossos. They're certainly no worse.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20532

I need to replace all four Dunlop SP8000s (N0) on my 993C2. These are not the latest Dunlop Sports and most tyre dealers I've spoken to think Dunlops are not the best choice. The 997 now comes with Michelin Pilot Sports, but I'm told they don't make good all-weather tyres and wear very quickly. Anybody use them? Seems the P-Zeros are the popular choice - are the latest N4's?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20579

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back