Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSR Mufflers

cheers for that ajit,

its high on priority but not as high as the leaking windscreen and stumbling idle due to the LWFW

- must say the LWFW and rs clutch, whilst causing me heartache when cold at the traffic lights is probably the best ever upgrade you can make - and cost effective if the clutch is on its way out - one for you to do in the future?

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20336

I must say i'm really tempted by lwfw. Clutch is original, now 76k miles and a good few of those have been on trackdays. Amazed its lasted so long.

Mine is a 95 car and ive read about the stalling issues. Apparently the ISV?can be adjusted but its hard to make it perfect? So many people say its a brilliant mod - but i've never heard the benefits in detail. What's your take on the pluses (and minuses?)

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20337

pluses all the way - so much sharper response to the loud pedal - feels like an extra 30bhp the way it spins up.

no real problem in traffic at all when up to temp.

BUT - when cold especially when going down hill if you need to come to a stop you need to be able to catch the engine by heel an toe - forget to do it and it will stall. Starts instantly again but is embarassing!

ISV mod is very difficult to set up IMO - very marginal - to the degree that i may set back to OE setting and live with it as the hunting idle is equally as frustrating IMO - 3 degrees on the ISV counter clockwise is REALLY hard to achieve - will keep on trying for the next few weeks but think i may just give up. real cure is wait five minutes before setting off with a warm engine!

76k on original clutch is very impressive (my previous form of transport/fun was a lancia integrale evolution - lucky to get 6 months out of a clutch!)

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20338

Thanks for that - just itching for this clutch to finally tell me its time....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20339

LOL - your worse than me - looking for excuses to buy something else!

a few traffic light standing starts perhaps to induce the LWFW? :)

pleased to see i am not the only mentalist ;-)

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20340

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back