Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM SIM Card

Joe Ross

I have a 996 with PCM.

When I put the SIM card in the holder, it accepts it and the PIN and I can use the phone.

However, it just gets stuck on "Loading Address Book".

I have tried this with several SIM's with the same result.

I know the SIM is OK as it can be read by several different phones.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe Ross

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19939

This sometimes happens to me so what i do is put the PCM on Tel, then i slide the sim out then back in then after a few sec the whole thing loads up. It only seems to get stuck when i put the sim in and its not on the Tel screen.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19978

TyUK,

Thanks for your response and apologies for not replying earlier.

I tried this but no joy. Any other suggestions most welcome. I would ask the dealer but they may want to keep it and I'd rather cut my fingers off than hand it back !!!!!

Joe

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21153

has your PCM1 had a software update? there is a recall (W208) it may help

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22016

I'm on Orange & they wont do a duplicate SIM - what's the best solution ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22027

Hels, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get on to the dealer.

Nigey, the only way round this that I found was to go direct to Vodafone. They do a product called Multi sim 200 or 400. it is a bit of a con in the fact that they say you get 200 or 400 inclusive minutes, but only if you are calling another vodafone or landline. Calls to any other network are charged even if you have not used all your inclusive minutes. They also charge £11.50 per month per sim plus £28 per month line rental.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22039

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back