Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Wipers on 993 ????

Porsche

well after driving through the endless monsoon last night..

I really need to do something about my front wipers...

but do I even have thr proper set up.. not actually sure now !

as the drivers side is the shorter one.. and doesnt really cover my end of the screen.... and due to the curve in the window misses a wholesection at the bottom (at the rest position)

so what have we all done.. is there something I can do ? to improve my wipers ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19580

i think its a 911 trait - bad wipers. But compared to my old 3.2 the 993 ones are much better. The missing bit at the bottom of the screen is standard 911 fayre im afraid sundeep. Do you want me to measure mine to comapre against yours - ooooh- er missus.

Its funny - i was driving home last night in heavy rain and thought how cool it was that we have 3 speed wipers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19581

that would be great if you could...

3 speed I know.. 1st time I used it.. and still not fast enough.... about at that speed it does come around and hit the top of the bonnet every time.. well on mine anyway...

and at least I know my Targa roof doesn't leak in the rain...

If only the Bosch Aero Wipers were avaiable for the 993 ! had these on my TT.. they are wonderful and that is why they are now OEEM an almost ALL new cars..!

bosch_areo_wipers2.jpg

Bosch quotes:
pix.gif

The new generation aero-twin wiper blade offers improved wiping quality with a unique design that more evenly distributes pressure on the windshield. Unlike conventional wiper blades with articulated sections, the aero-twin blade is pressed onto the window with two pre-curved spring rails, improving pressure distribution. By eliminating the traditional sections, airflow turbulence over the blade is reduced and wind noise is significantly lower.
pix.gif

With the integration of a spoiler, the blade helps provide clear vision, even when the vehicle is traveling at high speeds. The absence of the wiper blade superstructure also enables the aero-twin blade design to outperform conventional wiper blades on winter days by reducing snow and ice build-up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19582

Ok - here is am fresh my office underground car park. Sundeep as your car is LHD, like mine, it makes things a bit easier. Sitting in the car, the top wiper blade, as viewed throught the window is approx 43 cm long, the bottom blade is approx 37 Cm long.

Hope this helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19583

and by the way, my wipers dont hit the bonnet on super speed level 3 - maybe yours are loose or something?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19585

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by warren mcbride on 21 October 2004

Ok - here is am fresh my office underground car park. Sundeep as your car is LHD, like mine, it makes things a bit easier. Sitting in the car, the top wiper blade, as viewed throught the window is approx 43 cm long, the bottom blade is approx 37 Cm long.

Hope this helps
Got an 45cm blade up top.. was 18inches but had to to trim a bit of the top as it was too big for the top of the screen !

but the key one.. the bottom one is 40cm long and I think I have already changed up from a 15inch to a 16inch blade which is why it's bigger then wat Warren has..... I may now try a 17inch blade ! as there is clearance.. wont make a difference in the corner part but will prob' help clear a big wider sweep......

IIC the wipers on speed 3 start off fine but after a short while start hitting the top of the bonnet....... may need a a slight adjustment...

pity we cant retro fit the Bosch Aero twins.... but I'm going to email Bosch to ask !

cheers for the help Warren !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19586

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back