Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Wiper Removal - 993

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 26 October 2004

Rear looks naked without a wiper. Unless you're a trackday minimalist...
Clean I would say, hardly naked. The rear wiper has always looked like an after thought and pretty useless - who needs to see where they've just been??! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19852

noony - this thread is in the wrong category wouldn't you say :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19853

I took the rear wiper off a few months ago. Aside from the weight removal (the motor is surprisingly heavy), the car looks so much cleaner from the back. It somehow looks longer and sleeker. Whats a rear wiper doing on a sports car anyway!

The p-car.com diy has a series of 944 part numbers, all of which i ordered from my OPC - circa £40. Then a 20 minute job - then wallow in "less is more" glory.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20332

If you use Rain-x you can take the front wipers off too! :D :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20355

Dragging up and old thread here

But I just did mine :D :D :D

As you may or may not know I broke my rear wiper washing the car and I never liked it that much anyway so decide just to whip the whole thing off

The 2nd part of the wiper didn’t want to budge (by hand) so I have to used some gt45 and then I left it for 2 weeks (because I was too lazy to dick with it)

Any way I used some monkey grips and it came off really easy today

Popped down to Halfords and pick up a set of grommets (24mm one fits perfect)

As its push fit I have some concerns about it popping out if I’m going down the Motorway with the windows down. But at 2quid it’s hardly going to keep me awake at night.

Nice slippery lines restored :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52010

But think of the amount of petrol you will save - not have that chunk of metal sticking out at the back!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52061

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back