Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 LHD value

Martin Kuipers

Just p/ex'ed my '94 993 C2 LHD in a deal to purchase a lovely 996 C4 tip and got a good deal. I thought I'd try the private market for an extra couple of hunfdred and use the Autotrader for advertising. Put my car in for £18,500 and nada...........

Has the bottom fell out of the LHD 993 market? Surely my car (and it is mint) should fetch this kind of money. Any views on this?

MK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19118

Why not advertise here?? - You get a more focussed group of potential buyers - it worked for me -

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19120

Well, here it goes then.

'94 993 C2 manual

black/black, 24K service with new pads and discs by Hartech

17" cups (refurbished), A/C, EW, CL, CD

Mint.

The car will go to Autobahn on Saturday as p/ex.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19131

Martin,

I recently sold my 993(96) LHD Tip S with 95K miles on the clock for £18.8 privatley.

I advertised in all the usual places Porsche Post, 911 World, here and on ebay. It eventually went to a guy who saw it in an old copy of 911 World. I think your price is about right although a lot of the callers i spoke to were after the Varioram engine and i was prepared to drop to £18K, I think it will go eventually but it took me 2 months.

Dependant on the difference between the PX and your sale price are you prepared to wait for the difference and the possible hassle.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19133

LHD's are so difficult to value...

IMHO it's all about price bands and where certain 911's are at the moment. (hopefully this makes sense !)

i.e. a lot of the SC's,930's from the 80's in good /restored condition now easily command £10-15k+...... which is a fair reflection of a restored car but there isn't a really a lot of LHD's in this market group..

sub £10k would seem to be the older, in average condition 911's from the 80's and esp' anything without a G50 gearbox.. although fewer LHD's seem to be around to make a consistent market level..

now the 964 seemed to bring about a influx of LHD's and their values which seem to be 'generally' sub-£15k for LHD and with the RHD 964 cars in the £15-20k bracket.....so that means that the 993 LHD non-varioram cars seem to be into the sub-£20k category, or rather in the £teens and in the same price group up against the RHD 964 cars

which puts 993 LHD varioram cars in the £20-£25k bracket verses both later 964 RHD cars and early higher mileage 993 RHD non-varioram cars.. although there are few 993 RHD cars closer to the £20k mark, rather close to £25k ?

My view is that it is simple case of market supply-demand forces moving these car groups around... and with the SC/930 prices now having stablised above £10k this has almost set a base price for 911's....

the knock on effect is that eventually the 964 prices will stablise somewhere in the £10k-£15k but with LHD's at the lower end.. but I see these on par with the 930's & even SC's and I think the market views the apparent mechanical complexity of the 964 in a poor light, thus their values will prob' only ever be similiar?

but it seems that older RHD prices stabilse first and the 'eventually' LHD prices find their level....!

which then raising the question of the LHD 993...as they are now competing with early 996 cars which have broken below the £30k market and are heading deep in to 993 range and further depressing 993 prices down well below £25k..

conclusion, the market would appear to suggest that based on the comparison below the LHD equivalent would prob' always be priced a few £k's below it RHD market competitor.. into order to make the LHD compete on price in our RHD country...

964 RHD .v. 993 LHD Non-Varioram

993 RHD Non-Varioram .v. 993 LHD Varioram

993 RHD Varioram .v. 996 LHD

of course all of the above may not make any sense.... which means I've prob' just ranted on for a while....just by pennies worth....

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19139

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back