Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Erratic revving

Amolak

Hi, Sometimes when I drive my car it starts to rev up and down itself between 500-2000rpm. If I apply the throttle it sometimes cuts out. What could cause this?, it is intermittent. thanks Amolak

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19103

what model?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19109

opps!

1986 Carrera 3.2 manual UK model.

cheers

Amolak

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19110

could be a vacuum pipe loose or missing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19111

Sounds like a fuel mixture problem, probably running too rich if hunts at tickover and sometimes dies.

Could be caused by a loose vacuum pipe as Poon says, check all the tubes and connections round the back of the engine (not the easiest of jobs).

To get the mixture set properly you need to take it to a garage with a CO meter. Just make sure all the pipes are fine before you get the engine tuned.

Matt.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19128

Hi

friend of mine had same sort of problem on his 993 came down to the airmast sensor thought his car was at several thousand feet on and of therefore ajusts the air intake accordingly

hope this helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 19707

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Amolak on 09 October 2004

Hi, Sometimes when I drive my car it starts to rev up and down itself between 500-2000rpm. If I apply the throttle it sometimes cuts out. What could cause this?, it is intermittent. thanks Amolak
Idle stabiliser valve? been playing with mine (993) to get it to run right with a LWFW - produces the same problem if adjusted too far

marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20326

Correct - idle stabiliser - remove - clean carefully the internals and replace - done!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20341

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back