Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Test Drive

Singapore is a joke - my 2003 996 C2 would have cost GBP 220,000 on the road in Singapore but in Tokyo it cost about GBP 55,000 on the road.

I think the 360CS is about GBP 115,000 on the road here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18847

That's quite a difference, list price is £137k here. Are import taxes and VAT due if i import the car from Japan? This is academic , BTW as i don't have £ to buy a CS yet !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18852

Tony

Saw Stig's, Graham's and Richard's cars but I didn't see them-were they in the bar getting fat/drunk?

It did make my dad want a ferrari again though. He said he will wait until he can afford a 360(or 996 turbo), and forget totally about 355s, but that could easily change.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18853

Noony,

They could have been hanging around the cars.... do you know what they look like? Your dad changes his mind like the weather, no? :wink:
A 360 will cost a lot more, tho' it's his £ to be fair.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18854

Tony

Import taxes and tax are due if it is imported into the UK immediately BUT if its kept overseas for about 6 months and registered in an ex pats name it comes in free.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18855

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by tonyh on 03 October 2004

Noony,

They could have been hanging around the cars.... do you know what they look like? Your dad changes his mind like the weather, no? :wink:
A 360 will cost a lot more, tho' it's his £ to be fair.
Nope cos we were hanging round their cars!

We will have to wait longer, though he has got several business ventures going...

TBH he was interested in the 355 because he could have it ''now'', but has decided to wait for what he really wants, but again 90% chance this will change.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18857

Ahh, that's the key, being an ex pat. Similar rules apply if importing from other EU countries.I was involved a few yrs ago with an import company set up by ex soldiers stationed in Germany.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18858

Since you have driven and owned so many Porsches - out of the ones you have owned if it had to be just one - which one would you choose and why? Personally, I have always wanted a 993!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18862

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 03 October 2004Sweden? Cool - 6.30am wow! A bit early! Many Porsches in Sweden? By the way, is your car a lefty or RHD?
Yes, Sweden has one of the highest rates of Porsche ownership per capita in the world.

Mine is LHD.

Here are some 70 photos I took a few weeks ago at a local Porsche event: http://www.gmitchell.net/knutstorp2004/knutstorp.htm

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18863

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 03 October 2004

Since you have driven and owned so many Porsches - out of the ones you have owned if it had to be just one - which one would you choose and why? Personally, I have always wanted a 993!
Without doubt, the 964 C2 Speedster. Noony posted pics a few days ago. The 993 coupe is a close 2nd as this was my first brand new Porsche .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18864

cool - I saw a nice black C2 Speedster a while ago here in Tokyo, it went for about GBP 28,000 - no idea if that is good or bad : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18867

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back