Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

crash damage

RER

Still fuming! Had someone drive into the side of my 993 targa today. I was on a main road and he drove out of a side road straight into me. Luckily I was doing about 25, and he was positively crawling. the damage appears to be just the door and rear panel which is dented and scratched. No impact was felt because I tired to avoid him (without going into oncoming traffic) and he did stop although a bit too late.

Does this sound like a simple repair? he admits liability and I will claim on his Insurance so should I go to an OPC or independent? I live in SW London so reasonably local would help, any recommendations?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18628

I trust you refrained from "repairing" the damage with the other drivers head ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18634

yes i did. But i am leaving that option open until I get confirmation that the car is not badly damaged and it is repaired.

Just found out that the AFN OPC do not do repairs but contract it out, has anyway used them?

Are they any good?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18636

You could try Lindbrook at Tonbridge (not too far away from SW London).

They contract their work out to Chandler Stewart as an approved Porsche Bodyshop, also in Tonbridge, who have a good reputation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18644

thanks guys.

Took car to Solus yesterday and they seem very professional so will probably take it there next week. Has anyone else used them?

All replies appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18747

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back