Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 type cabriolet

A Corbett

Anyone out there had problems with the control box on the electrically operated cabriolet roof?

Mine has developed a glitch which means that it occasionally refuses to operate.

You can hear a relay clicking in the controller but the roof doesn't operate.

A hard thump on the passenger side footwell bulkhead has got it going so far but I'm dreading the day when it just decides to die.

I've stripped out the ply bulkhead and checked the box. The relays (magentic coils!) all seem to be operating and I've resisted doing anything other than vacuuming out any dust. It then seemed to work okay until I took that car for a "little" run where it have been driven at faster than normal speeds over some suspect road surfaces.

The replacment controller apparently costs several hundred pounds so any (pertinent) advice would be appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17958

Similar problem. Roof wouldn't always go down on the 993. Suspected the switch but it turned out to need new motors. And then the control box needed replacing. You're right, the thing's £several hundred. The OPC conveniently had another customer's car in the workshop so swapped out the control boxes to check the fault.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17983

Hi Marx,

Sounds like a thump to the floor board has the thumbs up for now.

Best wishes :?

Anthony C

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17985

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back