Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 cover

Pete Harris

Hi.

Anybody know of a 996 cover which allows a parking permit to be seen as well? It needs to be an outdoor cover - breathable/waterproof etc. I've looked at the covercraft range but to no avail.

Many thanks

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17692

I have a Covercraft (Noah) for sale - less than 5 months old, not 100% sure if it will a 996?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17694

Hi Josh.

Does it have a clear section to view a Parking permit placed on the windscreen?

Thanks

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17697

Did you call Cover Craft and ask if they could make one with a parking permit window ?

When I ordered my cover from them they said they would be making it for me later that month.

The covers are made for your model the chap knew his stuff when I told him it was a Carrera S he knew straight away it was a wide bodied car and the cover would be made accordingly.

Maybe they could customise one for you. ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17698

WillD,

Does your cover "lock" onto the car (to prevent theft)? I was thinking of this option recently (I live in a parking permit area in Central London), but I'm concerned that someone will simply nick the cover since the car is on the street ...

Thanks

Deeps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17745

The cover has two holes either side (just under the doors) you then thread a cable through and under the car and lock with a small padlock. The Cable and lock came with the cover.

I bought my cover because I thought I was going to have to keep the car in an underground car park for a while although that didn't happen but I do use it when I visit friends in central London and leave it on the street.

http://www.covercraft-europe.com/homepage_car.html

ws4.jpg

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17746

Thanks very much for the info.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17747

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456